The common cold, or just cold, is a harmless viral virus that attacks the nose and throat . More than two hundreds of viruses are out there that may cause the common Cold. Common Cold is known to be viral at the autumn as well as the winter, but it goes away in less than two weeks, or less if you took medicines.
In this article we are going to see a few types to get rid of cold, and more rules for prevention.
As we just mentioned, Common Cold can be healed by itself with time, and this is the best way to get rid of it so that your your immunity gets the ability to recognize and get rid of it in the future faster . But if two weeks are too much, you can :
- Throat Lozenges : you can take these small medicated tablet which melts in the mouth . They aim to stop coughs and lubricate and soothe irritated tissues of the throat, from the common cold or influenza.
- Alternative treatments : Vitamin c, Zinc, and Echinacea seem to be the best natural treatments that never affect the immunity.
- Supportive treatments : they are commonly used with children. As an example for supportive treatments, we can mention getting enough sleeping so that it the immunity works better when you’re asleep; drinking water prevents the throat from drying; and hot liquids that relieve sickness feeling .
In case the symptoms are more severe than normal , make sure to visit a doctor . Here are the symptoms that oblige visiting a doctor :
- The body temperature rises more than 38.5 degrees Celsius.
- Shortness of breath.
- Severe sore throat.
- Sinus pain.
Here’s a few tips for cold prevention :
- Hygiene : If Someone in the house is sick, you should clean the house and bathroom regularly . More important, the kitchen , cooking and eating utensils can easily transmit the infection , so make sure to use a strong cleaner or sterile .
- Sneeze : Make sure to cover mouth when sneezing so the virus won’t be unleashed .
Cold can also get to our bodies when we don’t put on suitable clothes with the weather .