The digestive system is an indispensable complicated system . It is consisted of the gastrointestinal tract plus the accessory organs of digestion . The Function of the digestive system is to decompose what we eat and turn it to power for the body cells . As complicated as the digestive system is , it’s also sensitive; in this article, we’re going to see how can you protect and preserve your digestive system .
Nutrition is the first thing you need to consider when talking about your organs health . Here are some nutrition tips concerning this :
- Dietary Fibers : it is advisable to eat foods that are rich of fibers so that they protect the digestive system from illnesses such as constipation, indigestion, vomiting, hemorrhoids and irritable bowel syndrome .
- Limit the intake of fatty foods : knowing that our bodies need a small quantity of fats, an extra amount of it leads to prolong digestion time . Consequently, your digestive system would be exhausted .
- Probiotics : Probiotics are live microorganisms intended to provide health benefits when consumed. In the digestive system, these microorganisms destroys its harmful counterpart . You can them from many nutrients such as : Yogurt, Pickles, Natto …
- Organizing Meals : it is advisable to have a daily routine when it comes to meals . Having about 5 small meals every day positively affect your health and the digestive system, as long as the nutrients in this meal are healthy .
- Drinking Water : it helps in the attenuation of complicated nutrients , in addition to many other benefits .
You have to pay attention to the way of cooking because such ways may have bad effects on the digestive system .
There also tips related to the behaviors :
- Practicing Sports : Sport is one of the best ways to facilitate and speed up the digestion .
- Controlling the nerves : Hight pressure and tension affect the digestive system and the body in general . therefore; decreasing and smartly handling these situations help to preserve your digestive system .
- Healthy Weight : Maintaining a healthy weight preserve the body from many diseases , and upon them the ones related to the digestive system .
It is advisable to reduce the amount of sugar contained in the foods and drinks consumed. In addition, it is recommended to reduce the intake of alcohol, caffeine and smoking.