Our mood is changing constantly. It can change in hours, minutes or even seconds. Simple things can drive us from the bottom of frustration to the top of hope and ambition, from sadness and depression, to joy and happiness. But what about the general state ? Regardless of small effects, what differs one’s mood from the other? what is the difference between a positive person, who moves toward his goals and a person who is idle and hesitant?
Food plays a very important role in your mental health; and mental health plays a very important role in the way you think, perceive, and feel.
In other words, what you eat impacts how you think and feel. Because our feelings and emotions are a reflection of hormonal activity within us.
The hormonal activities are on or off depending on what you eat ! So let’s see what are the foods that improve your mood :
- Chocolate : it is rich in sugars that increases Serotonin in your brain; the hormone that makes you feel delight and joy.
- Fish : it is rich in Omega-3 that is overwhelmingly important in your brain growth and the connection of your brain networks. A well connected networks mean a better way of thinking and perceiving .
- Berries : They are rich in Vitamin C that reduces Cortisol, an hormone that is released during stressful times.
- Bean : Magnesium is very important for relaxation and deep sleeping as well as the regulation of nerves and their functioning.
- Herbal Teas : They are helping in relaxation and they are rich in antioxidants.
- Leafy Greens : Kale is loaded with mood-moderating magnesium and raw spinach contains bliss-enhancing nutrients.
- Fruits : they are rich in fibers and vitamin C, and they are rich ,as well, in sugars .
If you suffer with drastic changes in your mood and energy levels frequently, it can be helpful to avoid certain foods and beverages that can trigger mood swings. Here are some foods and beverages to avoid:
- White Rice
Now that you know the secrets of positive people; you can change or adapt your diet to become more positive.
Remember that sport and Facing the sun everyday is very important for your mental health and mood.