Quiting smoking might be one’s biggest struggle. Many people around the world are addicted to smoke; and this cause them to struggle and face dozens of problems.
What are the Common Problems caused by Smoking ?
Studies have proven smoking to cause more than 480.000 deaths every year. However; smoking causes many problems including :
- Stroke and coronary heart disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Blood vessels damages
- Blood pressure
- Teeth and Throat Problems
- Hard breaths
- It causes cancers :
Blood (acute myeloid leukemia)
Colon and rectum (colorectal)
Kidney and ureter
Oropharynx (includes parts of the throat, tongue, soft palate, and the tonsils)
It causes a lot of problems, but these are some of the majors.
Tips to Quit Smoking :
- 1.Motivate yourself by writing down the reasons why you want to quit smoking, and remind yourself of the problems it causes to you, and the joy it takes away from you
- 2.Try to find a path that will fit you in the quitting
- Using some nicotine replacement will be helpful for those who can’t quite easily .so ask your doctor about the replacements that will suit your body.
- Constrain yourself by an exact date in which you are going to quit and stick to it
- Spread your decision of quitting and let your family ,friends and colleagues know, so that they will support you to keep on.
- Avoid as much as you can being in places that will encourage you to smoke like parties ; …instead you better go to places where you’d forget about smoke, like libraries and gyms .
- Remove anything related to smoking from your clothes, car and house.
Some people’s bodies may not be able to quit smoking; actually some others’ cannot even handle the reduction of the chemical dose; therefore; it is advisable and necessary for one to visit a doctor and know about his body’s abilities in handling the changes and new lifestyle.